The requirements for medical student membership status shall be:
- A medical student interested in pursuing a career in surgery.
- Currently enrolled in a accredited medical school acceptable to SAGES.
- A letter of sponsorship from a current SAGES member.
- Proof of medical school enrollment.
- Annual dues for Medical Students members are $40 and do not include subscription to the Surgical Endoscopy Journal. Upon acceptance of membership, the $40 application fee is applied as first year’s dues.
Upon graduation from medical school, and at the beginning of residency or fellowship program (whichever comes first), Medical Student members may apply for Candidate membership by completing a Candidate Membership application. Will be subject to review and approval for change in membership status.
If you have any questions about membership in SAGES or which category you should apply to, please contact the Membership Department or call (310) 437-0544 x 110.
Download Printable Application
The first year’s dues ($40) must be paid at the time of submission.