The SAGES Fellowship Certificate is intended to verify that an individual has successfully completed his/her fellowship training and is an exemplary general surgeon with special qualifications in either Advanced GI MIS, Flexible Endoscopy, or both. In addition, this certification markets their advanced training and skills to patients, hospitals, and referring physicians.
Applications for 2019-2020 Fellows available May 1 – July 31, 2020.
SAGES encourages those completing their fellowship training in the 2019-2020 academic year to open their application before the Friday, July 31, 2020 deadline. You will then have one year – from the end of your fellowship or from Board Certification, whichever comes first – to finish the application.
• Obtain full Active membership in SAGES. If you’re currently a SAGES Candidate member, please log onto your membership page and click here to learn how to upgrade to Active Membership with a discounted fee of $150 (as a First Year Surgeon). This discount only applies to an upgrade only and is not available to first time applicants to an ACtive SAGES Membership. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org when upgrading from Candidate to Active membership and not available to recent graduates joining SAGES for the first time as Active members.to learn how to upgrade to an Active Membership. Not yet a SAGES Member? Join here!
• Get 50% off the cost of FUSE certification! A special $100 rate is now available for all Advanced GI MIS or Flex Endo Fellows intending to apply for the SAGES Fellowship Certificate. Contact Vanessa@sages.org to receive a discount code. For information or to register for FUSE, visit www.fuseprogram.org
• Upload your Fellowship Council Case Log in CSV/Excel format showing minimum case numbers have been met
• Upload a copy of an abstract submitted to a major meeting during your fellowship
• Upload a CME certificate or copy of a badge from a major meeting attended during your fellowship
• Upload copies of FLS, FES and FUSE (ALL required, no exceptions)
FEE WAIVER! The $100 application fee will be waived for fellows who submit a video of one of their foregut procedures,
ideally one that meets the following case criteria:
o Patient is >18 years old
o Hiatal hernia of no more than 4 cm
o Posterior (Nissen or Toupet) fundoplication performed
o No prior foregut surgery
o BMI <35
Videos must be submitted by July 31, 2020. Check the appropriate box to indicate submission. All videos will be de-identified for
testing and development purposes. Submit video here.
Application reviews will take place in November 2020 and February 2021. For questions or more information, please email Vanessa Cheung