The SAGES Fellowship Certificate is intended to verify that an individual has successfully completed his/her fellowship training and is an exemplary general surgeon with special qualifications in either Advanced GI MIS, Flexible Endoscopy, or both.
SAGES encourages those completing their fellowship training in the 2018-2019 academic year to open their application before the Wednesday, July 31, 2019 deadline. You will then have two years – from the end of your fellowship or from Board Certification, whichever comes first – to finish the application.
1. To open your application, simply fill out the form below and pay the $100 application fee.
NEW – FEE WAIVER! The $100 application fee will be waived for fellows who submit a video of one of their foregut procedures,
ideally one that meets the following case criteria:
o Patient is >18 years old
o Hiatal hernia of no more than 4 cm
o Posterior (Nissen or Toupet) fundoplication performed
o No prior foregut surgery
o BMI <35
Videos must be submitted by July 31, 2019. Check the appropriate box to indicate submission. All videos will be de-identified for
testing and development purposes.
2. Once we receive your application and payment, we will send you an email to complete the remaining steps:
• Obtain full Active membership in SAGES. If you’re currently a SAGES candidate member, please log onto your membership page and click here to learn how to upgrade to Active Membership. Not yet a SAGES Member? Join here!
• Upload your Fellowship Council Case Log in CSV/Excel format showing minimum case numbers have been met
• Upload a copy of an abstract submitted to a major meeting during your fellowship
• Upload a CME certificate or copy of a badge from a major meeting attended during your fellowship
• Upload copies of FLS, FES and FUSE (ALL required, no exceptions)
• NEW! Get 50% off the cost of FUSE certification! A special $100 rate is now available for all Advanced GI MIS or Flex Endo Fellows
intending to apply for the SAGES Fellowship Certificate. Contact Vanessa@sages.org to receive a discount code. For information or to register for FUSE, visit http://www.fuseprogram.org
Application reviews will take place in November 2019 and February 2020. For questions or more information, please email Vanessa Cheung