Application for 2023-2024 Fellows Opens in Spring 2024
The SAGES Fellowship Certificate is intended to verify that fellows have successfully completed their training and are exemplary general surgeons with special qualifications in either Advanced GI MIS, Comprehensive Flexible Endoscopy, or both. In addition, this certification markets their advanced training and skills to patients, hospitals, and referring physicians.
The application and fee must be submitted by July 31, 2024. Applicants will then have one year – from the end of their fellowship or from Board Certification, whichever comes first – to upload or confirm all requirements. Fellows need to have completed training in an Advanced GI MIS and/or Comprehensive Flexible Endoscopy fellowship (can be dual or multiple designated programs) in order to apply for the certificate program. Note: Bariatric and Foregut Fellowships are not eligible for this certification unless they are ALSO designated as Advanced GI MIS and/or Comprehensive Flexible Endoscopy
CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS to be uploaded or confirmed by July 31, 2025:
- SAGES Membership: Fellows are encouraged to become part of the SAGES community of advanced MIS and endoscopic surgeons, and Active Member in SAGES is required for the certificate program. If not already a member, we invite you to join SAGES now as a Candidate Member. Upon completion of fellowship, you can upgrade to Active Membership with a discounted fee of $165. This discount applies to an upgrade only and is not available to first-time applicants to Active SAGES Membership. Members also receive discounted registration for the SAGES annual meeting.
- Defined Category Cases (mandatory) : Click Here
- Program Director’s On-line Survey: An invitation will be sent to the Program Director once the application is received.
- Proof of an Abstract submitted to a major meeting during fellowship.
- Proof of attendance a major meeting, in person or virtually, during fellowship year.
- FLS, FES and FUSE certification (all three are mandatory).