The SAGES Fellowship Certificate is intended to verify that fellows have successfully completed their training and are exemplary general surgeons with special qualifications in either Advanced GI MIS, Flexible Endoscopy, or both. In addition, this certification markets their advanced training and skills to patients, hospitals, and referring physicians.
Applications for 2019-2020 Fellows available NOW – July 31, 2020.
SAGES encourages those completing their fellowship training in the 2019-2020 academic year to open their application before the Friday, July 31, 2020 deadline. You will then have one year – from the end of your fellowship or from Board Certification, whichever comes first – to finish the application.
- Fellowship certification requires SAGES Active membership, to upgrade from Candidate to Active membership, please click here. When upgrading from Candidate to Active, First Year Surgeons will receive a discounted fee of $150 on your 2021 dues. This discount applies only for upgrade members and does not apply to members joining as Active members. Not yet a SAGES member, please Join here!
- Get 50% off the cost of FUSE certification! A special $100 rate is now available for all Advanced GI MIS or Flex Endo Fellows intending to apply for the SAGES Fellowship Certificate. Contact Vanessa@sages.org to receive a discount code. For information or to register for FUSE, visit www.fuseprogram.org
- Fellowship Program Director name and email address. We will invite the Program Director to complete an online survey.
- Upload your Fellowship Council Case Log in CSV/Excel format showing minimum case numbers have been met.
Defined category cases (mandatory): SAGES has encouraged a staged adoption of the new Advanced GI MIS Fellowship accreditation criteria which the Fellowship Council will require in 2020-2021. This year, applicants to the SAGES Fellowship Certification program are encouraged to obtain the defined category cases for Foregut, Bariatric, Inguinal Hernia and Ventral Hernia
**Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SAGES is decreasing the overall and defined category case requirements by 25% (112 total cases, 15 Foregut, 18 Bariatric, 7 Inguinal Hernia, and 7 Ventral Hernia) if accompanied by a Program Director letter supporting fellow candidacy and approving case log.
- Upload a copy of an abstract submitted to a major meeting during your fellowship.
- Upload a CME certificate or copy of a badge from a major meeting attended during your fellowship. SPECIAL NOTE: Attendance at the SAGES Annual Meeting in Cleveland, OH, on August 12-15, 2020 may be counted towards the 2019-2020 requirement.
- Upload copies of FLS, FES and FUSE (ALL required, no exceptions)
FEE WAIVER & INCENTIVES!
- Submit one (1) laparoscopic fundoplication video: $100 Fellowship Certification Application fee will be waived
- Submit two (2) laparoscopic fundoplication videos: Above + be entered into a drawing for one of ten $250 Amazon Gift Cards#
- Submit two (2) laparoscopic fundoplication videos + one (1) inguinal hernia OR cholecystectomy video: Above + be entered into a drawing for one of three SAGES 2021 registrations#
Videos must be submitted by Friday, July 31, 2020. Check the appropriate box to indicate the submission. All videos will be de-identified for testing and development purposes. Click here for more information and to submit video(s). Questions? Contact VBA@sages.org
#For Official SAGES Fellowship Certification Drawing Rules, click here
Application reviews will take place in November 2020 and February 2021. For additional questions, please email Vanessa Cheung
SAGES Resident & Fellow Training Committee
RECIPIENTS OF THE FELLOWSHIP CERTIFICATION PROGRAM, click here