Paths to the Laparoscopic Surgery and Flexible Endoscopy Markets Through SAGES
SAGES (The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons) was founded in 1981 to support academic, clinical and research achievement in gastrointestinal endoscopic surgery.
We have grown from fewer than 50 original members to more than 7,000 from every State and 50+ countries.
Membership continues to grow annually. While attendance at other meetings has fallen off, SAGES numbers have held steady. For the past four years we have had a minimum of 1500 surgeon registrants for our annual meeting.
- Has a representative on the American College of Surgeons Board of Governors.
- Is a Nominating Member of the American Board of Surgery.
- Holds a seat in the AMA House of Delegates.
- Established the first endoscopic and laparoscopic standards of training and practice for surgeons.
- Initiated the Framework for Post Residency Education and Training in Endoscopic Surgery.
- Operates the pre-eminent Annual Congress in Endoscopic Surgery.
- Serves as a strong voice on committees setting reimbursement and Federal policies on health care.
- Initiated a unique Exhibit Advisory Council in which surgeons and industry work together to promote more effective instrumentation, & technology, & ensure elevated quality of care.
- Is a leading force in resident and continuing medical education.
- Operates postgraduate courses throughout the country which feature the preeminent experts in the field of minimally invasive surgery.
- Offers cutting edge endoscopic courses for industry.
Continue to How to Reach the Market
For more information please contact Shelley Ginsberg at [email protected] or by phone at (310) 437-0555 x111