- The award is designated for a person in industry, or a physician/surgeon. The award will be given to an individual, not to a company.
- The award will be granted for a significant, long-term scientific or technological contribution to the field of surgical endoscopy. One person may not receive the award twice, as it is for a body of work as opposed to an individual achievement.
- The award will not be given every year, but bestowed when the Board determines a worthy nominee. It is intended for those whose efforts have substantively changed and improved the field of endoscopy.
- Past Winners:
- 1995: Karl Storz; 1997: Bob Quint; 1999: Robert Anderson; 2001: William Chang and Richard Newman; 2002: Kurt Semm, MD; 2003: Basil Hirshowitz; 2004: George Berci, MD; 2005: Jeffrey Ponsky, MD; 2006: Gregory Stiegmann, MD; 2007: John Abele; 2008: Gerald Marks, MD; 2009: Robert Croce
- 2011: Haruhiro Inoue, MD
- 2012: Leon Hirsch and Turi Josefsen
- 2013: Joel Leroy, MD
- 2014: David Utley, MD
- 2015: Steven Rothenberg, MD
- 2016: Dr. h.c. mult. Sybill Storz
- 2017: Michel Gagner, MD
The Award is designated for a person in industry or a physician/surgeon.
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application