- This award is designated for young member of SAGES who is currently in a residency or fellowship program (up to the time of the selection process – fall of the year preceding the award).
- We are looking for in-continuity or max of two (2) years* between residency and fellowship training (e.g. some time off for family reasons or a time in private practice and reentering a fellowship to make a course change). *Special consideration is given if lapsed time due to military service.
- The criteria for this award include a member who shows great promise for a career in academic GI/endoscopic practice or potential for significant contributions to the advancement of minimally invasive or endoscopic surgery.
- A letter from a Program Director is required, confirming current resident or fellow status. Must also include an abbreviated CV of applicant.
- Nominations may come from SAGES Leadership only (not full membership) and/or Program Directors.
- Past winners include:
- 2010: Erica Moran, MD; 2011: Rebecca Petersen, MD; 2012: Dana Telem, MD; 2013: Lawrence Lee, MD; 2014: Ezra Teitelbaum, MD; 2015: Edward Jones, MD
- 2016: Rebeccah Baucom, MD
- 2017: Yalini Vigneswaran, MD
Special note: If you have nominated someone in the past for the Researcher in Training Award and would like him or her considered again this year, you MUST re-submit a nomination form.
The Award is available for a SAGES Candidate or Active member (or applicant) currently in a residency or fellowship program.
Fill out and submit the form below (must be logged in to your SAGES account in order to see the form). For any questions, please contact Jillian Kelly in the SAGES office (Phone: 310-437-0544 x144, Fax: 310-437-0585).
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application