(formerly SAGES Award for Clinical Excellence and Humanism in Medicine):
- This award is designated for a clinician who is recognized by the surgical/GI community for excellence in patient care and surgical practice.
- The award will be granted for significant surgical/endoscopic skills, patient care, contributions to community and volunteerism. This award is not given annually.
- Nominations may come from any SAGES member. Nominee can be a non-SAGES member. Must be a surgeon.
- Nominations must include letters of support for the applicant.
- Past winners include:
- Paul Hansen, MD (2010); Ted Pappas, MD (2011); Joseph Petelin, MD (2012); Alfons Pomp, MD (2013); Brant Oelschlager, MD (2014); Robert Lim, MD (2015); Adrian Park, MD (2016); Paul Severson, MD (2017); Frank Lewis, MD (2018)
The Award is designated for a clinician who is recognized by the surgical/GI community for excellence in patient care and surgical practice. The deadline to submit for 2019 is
September 21, 2018 extended to Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application