- Applications are open to any active SAGES member currently serving on any SAGES committee.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to promote individuals as leaders in advocacy and health policy. The ACS Leadership & Advocacy Summit offers volunteer leaders and advocates comprehensive and specialized sessions focused on the tools needed to be an effective leader, followed by interactive advocacy training and coordinated visits to DC congressional leaders.
- The award covers expenses (up to $2,500) for summit registration, travel, hotel and meals.
- The Applicant must submit the following:
- One-page essay on why you want to attend the summit
- Current abbreviated CV
- Recipient must be available to attend that year’s course (usually in March or April) and will give a brief report of their experience at the October Advocacy & Health Policy Committee meeting (if they are unable to attend in person, they will submit a brief written report).
- Recipient will be recommended for automatic assignment to the Advocacy & Health Policy Committee with an expectation of active participation.
- Established in 2017
- Past winners include:
- Dana Telem, MD (2017); Marion Curtiss Wilson Henry, MD (2018)
The applicant must be a SAGES Active member currently serving on one of the SAGES committee. The deadline to submit for 2019 is
September 21, 2018extended to Wednesday, September 26, 2018
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application