Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from W.L. Gore & Associates
- The award is designated for a surgeon who is less than 15 years from the completion of their residency or fellowship.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to optimize one’s impact in the medical industry so they can deliver sustainable results driven by their greatest capabilities and purpose as a leader by exposing one SAGES member to the leading minds in leadership development, strategy, management, and execution.
- The scholarship will enable an individual to attend a five-day program that will push the way they think deeply about change within themselves, their organization as a high potential leader in the medical world.
- The scholarship will provide for the expenses (i.e. room/board, transportation and the cost of the course) up to $8,000 for the award winner to attend a leadership program at a Recommended Academic Institution (list will be provided).
- The winner will be chosen by the SAGES Awards Committee based on merit and their desire to attend. The Applicant must submit the following:
- One-page essay on why you wish to apply for this award/grant
- Current abbreviated CV
- Past winners include:
- Brent Matthews, MD (2011); Daniel Jones, MD (2012); Paresh Shah, MD (2013); Dmitry Oleynikov, MD (2014); Danielle Walsh, MD (2015); Daniel Scott, MD (2016); Aurora Pryor, MD (2017); Dimitrios Stefanidis, MD (2018)
The applicant must be a SAGES Active member; a surgeon who is less than 15 years from the completion of their residency or fellowship. The deadline to submit for 2019 is
September 21, 2018 extended to Wednesday, September 26, 2018
You must be logged in to use this form.