Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from W.L. Gore & Associates
- The award is designated for a surgeon who completed their residency and/or fellowship.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to optimize one’s impact in the medical industry so they can deliver sustainable results driven by their greatest capabilities and purpose as a leader by exposing one SAGES member to the leading minds in leadership development, strategy, management, and execution.
- The scholarship will enable an individual to attend a five-day program that will push the way they think deeply about change within themselves, their organization as a high potential leader in the medical world.
- The scholarship will provide for the expenses (i.e. room/board, transportation and the cost of the course) up to $8,000 for the award winner to attend a leadership program at a Recommended Academic Institution (list will be provided).
- The winner will be chosen by the SAGES Awards Committee based on merit and their desire to attend. The Applicant must submit the following:
- One-page essay on why you wish to apply for this award/grant
- Current abbreviated CV
- Past winners include: Brent Matthews, MD (2011); Daniel Jones, MD (2012); Paresh Shah, MD (2013); Dmitry Oleynikov, MD (2014); Danielle Walsh, MD (2015); Daniel Scott, MD (2016); Aurora Pryor, MD (2017); Dimitrios Stefanidis, MD (2018); Ross Goldberg, MD (2019); N/A (2020); Tammy Kindel, MD (2021)