The Resident and Fellow Training Committee (RAFT) offers two awards for outstanding abstracts presented by Surgical Residents and Fellows at the SAGES 2020 Annual Meeting. The purpose of these awards is to encourage the development of clinical and research-oriented work in the field of general surgery.
Best Resident/Fellow Abstract Presentation Award for the best presentation delivered during the plenary/symposium/general meeting session.
- The top 5 highest scoring resident/fellow scientific abstracts selected by the Program Committee for presentation (oral, video, and poster) will be considered for this award: 1st-$500/2nd-$300/3rd-$200.
- The awards will be given to the presenters of the top 3 abstracts which secure the highest presentation scores from a panel of RAFT judges.
- Presenters whose abstracts are selected as contest finalists will be notified in March 2020.
- Winners will be announced in May 2020.
Best Resident/Fellow Scientific Session Presentation Award for the best presentation delivered during the Resident and Fellow Session.
- Abstracts selected by the Program Committee for presentation in the Resident/Fellow Scientific Session will be considered for this award: 1st-$500/2nd-$300/3rd-$200.
- The awards will be given to the presenters of the top 3 abstract which secure the highest presentation scores from a panel of SAGES Experts appointed by SAGES 2020 Program Chairs.
- Winners will be announced during the Resident/Fellow Scientific Session.
To qualify for these awards, the abstract presenter must be enrolled in a qualified residency or fellowship program. During the abstract submission process you must fill out the anticipated Residency/Fellowship completion date and you must send proof of enrollment to the SAGES office via email at email@example.com (Indicate the name of the Resident/Fellow and the title(s) of the abstracts being submitted). Proof of enrollment must be sent by October 8, 2019. Abstracts that do not include the anticipated Residency/Fellowship completion date during the time of submission and do not submit proof of enrollment will not be considered for these awards.
To submit paper and video abstracts to the SAGES 2020 Scientific Session, please visit https://www.sages.org/meetings/abstracts/