- This is the highest honor SAGES bestows.
- It is bestowed for a lifetime contribution as an innovator in the field of endoscopic surgery, which may be scientific, technological or educational.
- It is designated to be granted to an endoscopic surgeon who may or may not be a member of SAGES.
- The award will not necessarily be given every year, but bestowed when the Board determines a worthy nominee.
- Nominations may come from any member of SAGES. Nominator is encouraged to solicit additional supporting letters for their nominee.
- Past winners include:
- 2001: Sir Alfred Cuschieri, MD, MD
- 2004: Gerald Marks, MD
- 2005: Kenneth Forde, MD
- 2006: George Berci, MD
- 2009: Jeffrey Ponsky, MD
- 2010: Jacques Marescaux
- 2011: Jacques Perissat, MD
- 2014: Tehemton Udwadia, MD
- 2015: Lee Swanstrom, MD
- 2016: Alberto Montori, MD
- 2017: David Rattner, MD
Nominations may come from any member of SAGES.
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application