- This is the highest honor SAGES bestows.
- It is bestowed for a lifetime contribution as an innovator in the field of endoscopic surgery, which may be scientific, technological or educational.
- It is designated to be granted to an endoscopic surgeon who may or may not be a member of SAGES.
- The award will not necessarily be given every year but bestowed when the Board determines a worthy nominee.
- Nominations may come from any member of SAGES. The nominator is encouraged to solicit additional supporting letters for their nominee.
- Past winners include:Sir Alfred Cuschieri, MD, (2001); Gerald Marks, MD (2004); Kenneth Forde, MD (2005); George Berci, MD (2006); Jeffrey Ponsky, MD (2009); Jacques Marescaux (2010); Jacques Perissat, MD (2011); Tehemton Udwadia, MD (2014); Lee Swanstrom, MD (2015); Alberto Montori, MD (2016); David Rattner, MD (2017); Bernard Dallemagne, MD (2019); Walter Pories, MD (2020)
Nominations may come from any member of SAGES. The deadline to submit for 2021 awards is October 30, 2020.
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application