- This is the highest honor SAGES bestows.
- It is bestowed for a lifetime contribution as an innovator in the field of endoscopic surgery, which may be scientific, technological or educational.
- It is designated to be granted to an endoscopic surgeon who may or may not be a member of SAGES.
- The award will not necessarily be given every year, but bestowed when the Board determines a worthy nominee.
- Nominations may come from any member of SAGES. Nominator is encouraged to solicit additional supporting letters for their nominee.
- Past winners include:Sir Alfred Cuschieri, MD, (2001); Gerald Marks, MD (2004); Kenneth Forde, MD (2005); George Berci, MD (2006); Jeffrey Ponsky, MD (2009); Jacques Marescaux (2010); Jacques Perissat, MD (2011); Tehemton Udwadia, MD (2014); Lee Swanstrom, MD (2015); Alberto Montori, MD (2016); David Rattner, MD (2017)
Nominations may come from any member of SAGES. The deadline to submit for 2019 is
September 21, 2018 extended to Wednesday, September 26, 2018
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application