Dan Berlant, MD, PhD, Carrie Ahern, BS. SAGES
WHY HEMORRHODOPEXY (MIPH) IS NEED FOR INDIAN POPULATION.
- The soul of India lives in its villages.
- It is very rightly said that if you want to see India go to Indian Villages because 74% of Indian population lives in Villages or Rural areas.
- there are Approx. 50000 Villages in India
- The People in Rural area are casual workers who spend what they earn every day which means that they have very little or no savings.
- A single person earns and supports his parents as well as his children
- they can not afford rest for many days because of poor economic conditions and lack of awareness regarding any mediclaim policy.
- In contrast to this, the Indian urban population is literate , financially better and also aware of insurance
- It means that for any reason the rural population struggles it level best so that it does not abstain from work because any sort of absence from work means no wages and hence no food for that day.
- As a result of this, they only care for a disease when it becomes obligatory for them to do so.
- Due to this their poor health goes on deteriorating and becomes poorer still.
Presented at the SAGES 2017 Annual Meeting in Houston, TX.
Abstract ID: 99999
Program Number: P1000
Presentation Session: iPoster Session (Non CME)
Presentation Type: Poster