Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Emergency General Surgeon Physician
Atrium Health Pineville, NC
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite surgeons to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Department of Surgery team at Atrium Health in Pineville, North Carolina.
Candidates should be committed to excellence in patient care, medical education, and leadership. Candidates with fellowship training in minimally invasive surgery or acute care surgery are preferred.
Section of General Surgery
The priorities of the Section of General Surgery are to:
- Excellence in patient-centered care Quality improvement and care optimization
- Resident, medical student, and advance care practitioner education
- Research focused on the most effective ways to organize, manage, finance, and deliver high-quality general surgery care.
This unique opportunity in the Section of General Surgery entails the following:
- A collaborative broad-based general surgery practice comprised primarily of emergency general surgery with opportunities for an elective practice.
- Inpatient and outpatient services supported by Advanced Practice Practitioners
- Opportunities for scholarly and professional development activities
- Call schedule of approximately 4 weeknights a month, no more than 1 in every 4 weekends
- Opportunity for Wake Forest Department of Surgery academic appointment
- Qualified candidates must be BC/BE in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Fellowship training in minimally invasive surgery or Acute Care Surgery is preferred
Our cohesive group of surgeons has expertise in minimally invasive techniques and emergency general surgery care and are dedicated to the priorities listed above. These missions are achieved through care for elective, non-elective and emergency general surgery patients across our health system and region. Successful candidates will also be expected to support the missions and vision of the Department of Surgery at Atrium Health as described below.