Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
General Surgery Opportunity
Troy, New York
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
St. Peters Health Partners Medical Associates is seeking an additional full-time, hospital employed, General Surgeon for its established practice based at Samaritan Hospital located in Troy, NY. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of established general surgeons.
Our experienced surgeons have been serving the greater Troy community for more than 20 years. Troy Surgical Associates offers a full range of general and thoracic surgery: (minimally invasive and open), including thyroid, thoracic, breast and abdominal procedures. Our surgeons are experienced in up-to-date management of benign and malignant breast disease, as well as minimally invasive approaches to gallbladder, stomach, and small bowel and colon problems, both benign and malignant, and hernia repair. General Surgery is the primary focus of the role and a wide variety of cases are available.
• The team shares rotational call as a practice and provides emergency room call coverage at Samaritan Hospital 1:3 during the weeknight, and 1:8 weekend call.
• This opening is replacing a retiring surgeon, excellent referral base, large in-house primary care network;
• We have a daVinci Xi and do a large amount of robotic surgery;
• No endoscopy with strong GI support;
• Ability to do community general surgery and tailor to your interests such as colorectal surgery, vascular access, hernias.
Applicants should have the following:
• Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery;
• Open to new grads and/or surgeons with experience;
• Training and/or experience in minimally invasive surgery is a plus;
• Robotics training/certification is a plus.
RECRUITMENT PACKAGE: St. Peter’s Health Partners Medical Associates, P.C. offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
• Competitive salary with w/RVU incentives;
• Starting Bonus;
• Relocation Reimbursement;
• Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances;
• Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage;
• $4,500 annual CME allowance;
• 7 weeks paid time away from the practice;
• 403b retirement savings program with employer matching program;
About St. Peter’s Health Partners Medical Associates:
About St. St. Peter’s Health Partners Medical Associates, P.C., (SPHPMA) is one of the Capital Region’s largest multi-specialty physician groups with more than 800 physicians and advanced practitioners, in more than 100 practice locations. SPHPMA is a full affiliate corporation of St. Peter’s Health Partners.
Headquartered in Albany, NY, our physician group represents more than 20 specialties, including: primary care; internal medicine; pediatrics; cardiology; clinical nutrition; endocrinology; obstetrics and gynecology; hematology, medical oncology and radiation oncology; neurology; neurosurgery; pulmonary and critical care; radiology; urology; bariatric care and surgery; general, hepatobiliary, neurological, orthopedic, spinal, thoracic, vascular, and esophageal surgeries; and urgent care. Our offices and affiliates are located in the counties of Albany, Schenectady, Columbia, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Ulster and Warren.
Please submit CV and cover letter to [email protected].
St. Peter's Health Partners