The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
SAGES designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(TM). Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: 6/2/2020
Expiration Date: 6/2/2023
You may claim CME credit after watching this video and answering a few short evaluation questions. Go to the CME claim form.
The following individuals disclosed financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests prior to this activity.
The remaining planners and faculty had no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
|Name of Individual||Individual’s
Role(s) in Activity
|Name of Commercial Interest(s)||Nature of Relationship(s)|
|Asbun, Horacio||Faculty||Boston Scientific
|Alseidi, Adnan||Speaker||Nothing to disclose||N/A|
|Auyang, Edward||Planner||Miret Surgical||Consultant, Stock Options|
|Bittner, James||Planner||BD, Inc. (Davol)
Intuitive Surgical Inc.
|Independent contractor, Consulting fee
Independent contractor, Consulting fee
|PI, Research (investigator initiated)
Speaker, Consulting feeCo-PI, Research (investigator initiated)
|Gee, Denise||Speaker||New View Surgical
|Ownership Interest, board of advisors
|Mellinger, John||Speaker||Nothing to disclose||N/A|
|Romanelli, John||Speaker||Nothing to disclose||N/A|
– The Science of Mastering Life’s Greatest Challenges by Steven M. Southwick
– The Road to Character by David Brooks
– Sirina Keesera,MD, Andreas Jonas, MD, Kevin Shulman, Covid 19 and Healthcare’s Digital Revolution, NEJM, April 2, 2020
– Eric Topol, MD, Telemedicine is Essential amid the Covid 19 crisis and after it, The Economist, March 31, 2020
– SAGES Primer for Taking Care of Yourself During and After the COVID-19 Crisis, https://www.sages.org/sages-primer-self-care-covid-19/