Chair: Horacio J. Asbun, MD
Co-Chair: Adnan A. Alseidi, MD
Co-Chair: Rohan Jeyarajah, MD, FACS
Mentor & Safe Chole Lead: L. Michael Brunt, MD
HPB/Solid Organ Mission statement
- To enhance the safe dissemination and continued development of minimally invasive HPB surgery.
- To establish and strengthen collaboration and join projects, between SAGES and HPB Specialty Societies
- To engage stakeholders in minimally invasive HPB education and help develop robust need-based educational programs for practicing surgeons and fellows.
- Attract and foster national and international bonds with minimally invasive HPB leaders in the field
- To define minimally invasive HPB procedures which could be appropriate for the general surgeon to perform and develop guidelines for safe implementation.
- Establish working relationships with HPB specialty societies ( AHPBA, ILLS, IHPBA)
- Joint HPB sessions at SAGES and other HPB specialty conferences
- Develop a Biliary Manual
- Assist in the development of a MIS Pancreas international consensus
- Perform a North American assessment on obstacles in implementation of Minimally invasive liver surgery and explore the potential for a national registry
- Develop multi-societal guidelines
Join the SAGES HPB Surgery Masters Program Collaboration Facebook page
Watch the Postgraduate Course: ILLS Joint Session – Techniques of Laparoscopic Liver Resection Video Session and Liver Tumor Board from the SAGES 2017 Annual Meeting by accessing the below link.