On behalf of SAGES and the Program Committee, we would like to invite you to attend the SAGES 2015 Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN – Music City, USA.
This year’s meeting will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center, April 15-18 and will continue a long-standing tradition of strong didactic sessions by world-renowned experts, combined with exploration of innovative technology in the broad spectrum of general surgery.
If you go to just one surgical meeting in 2015, this is the one! We look forward to seeing you in April!
*Pre-Registration Deadline: March 6, 2015 at Midnight PST.
Download SAGES 2015 Meeting App
- Customize your meeting schedule
- Search all sessions, speakers, abstracts, exhibitors
- Take notes and email a complete post-conference report
- Participate on Twitter using the #SAGES2015 hashtag automatically!
- And more…
The SAGES Final Program is now available in PDF form: https://bit.ly/SAGES2015PDF
Hotel Accommodations – Space Is Limited So Book Your Reservation Today
Additional Information About the SAGES Meeting
The program for the 2015 meeting focuses on relevant clinical problems that busy surgeons encounter every day in their respective practices, including management of complications, approaches for reoperative surgery, and laparoscopy in the acute care setting. New this year are sessions geared to surgeons in community or hospital based practice with information designed to be readily adopted into your daily practice. Sessions are structured to provide self-assessment CME credits, fulfilling Part 2 of the American Board of Surgery Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
Specific program highlights include:
- Hands-on courses
- All Things Hernia
- Minimal Access Surgery Tricks
- Techniques, and Endoscopic Management of Complications
- Practice, Career, and Life-Changing courses
- Evidence-Based Perioperative Care
- Lessons from Around the World
- Career Development Symposium
- Advocacy Luncheon
- Practice Building Session and mock trial
- Didactic courses and panels co-sponsored with groups from across the Americas, Europe, and Asia; joint sessions with AAST, IPEG, SSAT, and The Joint Armed Forces
- Numerous panels, symposia, video & scientific sessions
- New video shorts to provide more information in less time
- The SAGES Presidential Debates, MIS Jeopardy, and New Ted-X Style talks
- Patient Safety issues identified and highlighted throughout the program (cholecystectomy, FUSE, and SAGES SMART enhanced recovery)
- Part 2 Self-Assessment MOC compliant sessions
- FLS, FES and FUSE testing opportunities
- Learning Center with new simulators & simulation scenarios
- Top Gun, and SAGES Mini Medical School for high school students
- An Exhibit Hall that showcases the latest equipment & instruments
- Fabulous social events including Friday Night Main Event and Sing-Off
Mini-Med School Boot Camp
High school students from the Nashville area and SAGES membership will have the opportunity to experience the wonderful world of medicine and minimally invasive surgery. The day is power packed with classroom lectures, tours of the Learning Center and Exhibit Hall and the Top Gun Interactive Experience. Both cognitive and skill competitions with awards and prizes will be offered
Saturday, April 18 – 7:30AM – 2:00PM
Limitation: Must be a High School Student
Cost: No fee
CAMP SAGES Child Care
While you’re attending meetings, your children can enjoy their own Convention Camp, organized by ACCENT on Children’s Arrangements, Inc., a national company specializing in children’s activities. Camp SAGES is a complete morning to early evening entertainment program packed with activities for children ages 6 months* to 17 years. *All children must be pre-registered to ensure proper staffing levels. Children participate in age-appropriate activities, including arts and crafts projects and active games, in a safe, nurturing, and educational environment.
Register your kiddos online today at