We are seeking SAGES members to become volunteer SAGES Champions. The SAGES Champions Program (SCP) endeavors is to enlist one (1) representative from every medical institution to serve as a liaison to SAGES Membership Committee. Interested persons should submit a one (1) paragraph statement regarding your interest and qualifications for the position.
SAGES Champions will help develop and enhance positive, productive relationships between SAGES and their individual institutions. The Champion will assist in the recruitment and engagement of surgeons, residents, medical students and health professionals in SAGES membership wile communicating the particular needs and interests of the institution to SAGES leadership in order to maximize the benefits and value of SAGES membership engagement.
- To communicate
- Distribute official communications including recruitment information to all surgeons, other health care professionals, resident and medical student levels at your institution
- Send reminders regarding abstract and meeting registration guidelines as deadlines approach
- Bi-annually (twice a year) submit a brief report of activities and suggestions to Membership Committee leadership
- Be involved
- Regular attendance at SAGES Annual Meeting
- Present an introductory power point presentation to medical students and residents once a year
- Be proactive
- Encourage abstract submission
- Encourage SAGES Annual Meeting participation for members of your department
- Sponsor applicants and write letters of recommendation for those wishing to join SAGES from your institution
SAGES Champions are encouraged to attend Membership sponsored activities like the Candidate Town Hall reception, Meet the Leadership and other activities at the SAGES Annual Meeting.
- At the time of appointment, the proposed SAGES Champion must be a current member in good standing, and must be up-to-date in payment of dues.
- The position will be a 1 year-term
- SAGES Champions will alert the Membership Committee when he/she changes their institution so a call for nominations can be arranged. The Champion appointment is transferable only with prior permission of the Membership Committee leadership
Please complete the online application and include your statement for SAGES Champion below. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at 310.437.0544 ext 110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in participating in the SAGES Champion Program (SCP) on behalf of your institution. We appreciate your involvement and value your support.
Maria Altieri, MD
Candidate, Subcommittee Chair