The SAGES Fellowship Certificate is intended to verify that an individual has successfully completed his/her fellowship training and is an exemplary general surgeon with special qualifications in either Advanced GI/MIS, Flexible Endoscopy, or both. Certificates will be awarded at the SAGES Annual Meeting and recipients names posted on the SAGES website.
SAGES encourages those completing their fellowship training in the 2017-2018 academic year to open their application before the July 31, 2018 deadline. You will then have two years – from the end of your fellowship or from Board Certification, whichever comes first – to finish the application.
- To open your application, simply fill out the online form at Fellowship Certification and pay the $100 application fee.
- Once we receive your application and payment, we will send you an email to complete the remaining steps:
- Obtain full Active membership in SAGES. If you’re currently a SAGES candidate member, please log onto your membership page and click here to learn how to upgrade to Active Membership. Not yet a SAGES Member? Join here!
- Upload your Fellowship Council Case Log in CSV/Excel format showing minimum case numbers have been met
- Upload a copy of an abstract submitted to a major meeting during your fellowship
- Upload a CME certificate or copy of a badge from a major meeting attended during your fellowship
- Upload copies of FLS and FES (both required)
- Upload a copy of FUSE certificate. (*FUSE is optional but strongly encouraged for 2017-2018 fellows and will be required beginning with the 2018-2019 fellowship year)
Application reviews will take place in November 2018 and February 2019. For questions or more information, please email Vanessa Cheung