January 19-20, 2018
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
Join the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons at their new Winter Course, which will focus on the emergent management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. This educational offering will explore the evidence that supports the treatment of these disorders, with experts from all three societies providing a “How I Do It” approach to their subject areas.
The format will be a mix of didactic and case-based presentations, with time reserved for informal questions and answers. A reception on the first night will provide networking opportunities with faculty and fellow attendees.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current landscape of GI surgical emergency care including the burden of disease, issues of coding and billing, and the controversy around regionalization.
- Define issues arising in the management of GI surgical emergencies in the complex patient with multiple comorbidities or a hostile abdomen.
- Outline current endoscopic approaches to the management of emergent pancreaticobiliary disorders, GI bleeding, and perforations.
- Explain modern approaches to common and uncommon inflammatory and obstructive GI surgical emergencies.
- View the Preliminary Program
- Reserve Housing
Register by December 18th and save up to $50.