You must be a SAGES Member and be logged into the site to see the application. Please use the Member Login box to the right to login now if the link to create a new grant application is not visible.
DEADLINE - CDA Proposals must be received by the SAGES office by Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5pm EST. The applications will be reviewed at the end of January 2016 and the winner will be announced during the award ceremony at the SAGES Annual Meeting, March 16-19, 2016. An in-person interview may be required for the finalists.The award will be $30,000 to support travel, salary, and/or tuition. (Note: The salary support portion of the grant will be taxable).
The following information will be required:
Plan of Study (Not to exceed 6 pages)
- Why are you interested in this award?
- Detail of 6-month proposal, including timeline.
- How will the proposed plan contribute to the field of gastrointestinal and endoscopic surgery and/or improve patient care?
- What are your future career plans?
- How will this award help you achieve your long term goals?
- Other potential or secured funding sources for the proposed award time.
Letter from Current Chair (or Chair/Chief you will return to at completion of fellowship if changing positions)
Letter from proposed hosting institution(s) with agreements for support
Other letters of reference as applicable (maximum 3)
Letters of recommendation should be emailed to Emmanuel Urbano or faxed to (310) 437-0585. All letters must be received by the Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5pm Eastern time deadline.
Submit curriculum vitae for the principal investigator and any co-investigators in a 4 page, NIH biosketch format.