The Department of Surgery, along with the Arizona Center for Endoscopic Surgery (ACES), recognizes the importance of mentored research in the training of general surgery residents. Although such an experience can be obtained during clinical training, residents would benefit from and should consider one year of dedicated research.
A postdoctoral scholar is a trainee in residence pursuing to carry out advanced studies supervised by the principal investigator utilizing knowledge of equipment, methodology, and current developments in the field of minimally invasive surgery.
Postdoctoral Scholars are appointed for a one-year period (July 1, 2016 â June 30, 2017) and will participate on the Departmentâs research projects. The Arizona Center for Endoscopic Surgery (ACES) will engage in comprehensive research to help evolve Endoscopic Surgery.
* Robotic surgery.
* Single Incision Laparoscopic surgery.
* Research in surgical education and training.
* Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES).
* Metabolic surgery procedures and outcomes.
* Benign and malignant esophageal diseases.
* Evaluation of novel surgical devices and procedures.
* Participate in the surgical education and laboratory-teaching of residents and medical students.
* Collect data for use in research studies related to minimally invasive surgery.
* Conduct research in surgical education and minimally invasive surgery.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized on Forbes 2015 list of Americaâs Best Employers in the United States and has been awarded the 2015 Work-Life Seal of Distinction by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress! For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please visit www.whyua.arizona.edu.
Accepting a new position is a big life step. We want potential candidates and their families to be able to make informed decisions. Candidates who are considering relocation to the Tucson or Phoenix area, and have been offered an on-site interview, are encouraged to use the free services offered by Above & Beyond Relocation Services (ABRS).Ask your department contact to be introduced to ABRS prior to your visit.