• Join our multidisciplinary surgical group with expertise in Trauma, Colorectal, Surgical Critical Care, Breast, Surgical Oncology, Endocrine and Burn Surgery.
• Physician must be board-eligible or board-certified. Fellowship training in minimally invasive foregut surgery is required.
• Scope of the practice is outpatient and inpatient, with a broad range of open, laparoscopic, and robotic cases in a tertiary/quaternary academic affiliated hospital.
• The University of Illinois College of Medicine Chicago (UIC) and Rockford (UICOMR) are two of the four campuses in the College of Medicine. OSF Healthcare is forming a partnership with both. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for a faculty appointment that will include teaching responsibility and the chance to support a clinical research program. In addition, we anticipate a part-time clinical appointment in the Department of Surgery of UIC that will include taking the most complex surgical cases to the University Hospital.
• As a Physician with the OSF Surgical Group- Rockford you will enjoy a strong referral base from the OSF Medical Group Primary Care and Specialty Care physicians, as well as an established regional referral base and a 14-hospital healthcare system. Base population served 750,000.
• The referral base is supported by a very successful 14-physician gastroenterology practice, which is engaged in and supportive of this recruitment.
• OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a 254-bed, Regional Medical Center and tertiary care facility. Our caregivers provide quality, patient focused care. We are a designated a State of Illinois Level 1 (American College of Surgeons Level 2) Trauma Center with state of the art operative equipment, two da Vinci surgical robots, and a hybrid suite.
• EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
• Competitive base salary plus incentives
• 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
• 480 hours sick time/year
• Signing bonus
• Loan repayment options
• Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
• Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
• OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center, is a 254-bed, Level I Trauma Center located in Rockford, Illinois. Serving Northern Illinois, OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center is home to the Center for Cancer Care, Cardiovascular Institute, Illinois Neurological Institute and OSF Wound Healing Center. https://www.osfhealthcare.org/saint-anthony/.
• Rockford, Illinois is an all-American city and an Illinois Arts Friendly Community, located just one hour from Chicago and Milwaukee and less than 90 minutes from Madison, Wisconsin and the resort area of Galena, Illinois. Beautiful recreational facilities, parks, golf courses, riverfront events, and water sports offer fun for all. Located near Interstate 90 and US Business 20, Rockford is the third largest city in Illinois.
• The Rockford area is home to some of the greatest variety in residential opportunities and is consistently ranked as one of the top five metropolitan areas in the United States for affordable housing.