Be a part of an exciting new gastroenterology division at Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexandria, Louisiana. ABIM Certified or Eligibility required.
• Seeking a general gastroenterologist with potential subspecialty interest in liver, IBD, or motility to join a growing employed practice
• Practice functions under GI Hospitalist schedule with 7 on, 7 off structure
• Call supplemented by community Gastroenterologists providing additional call coverage providing an optimal work/life balance
• Option to create a niche within the context of a General GI practice, suited to your needs and clinical interest
• Candidates with teaching interest are also encouraged to apply
• Superior compensation and benefit package available
ABOUT Rapides Regional Medical Center
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 360+ bed, adult, children’s hospital and ER offering advanced medical care in Rapides Parish and the Gulf South. The medical center is an award-winning hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, including a Level II Trauma Center and a Certified Stroke Center. The medical staff includes 250+ physicians in more than 30 medical specialties. Founded in 1903 on the banks of the Red River in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology to date. With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare.
ABOUT Alexandria, LA
• Located in the heart of Louisiana, Alexandria, is an attractive, family-oriented community.
• The area is also referred to as a “Sportsman’s Paradise” with lakes, golf courses, biking trails, hunting, fishing and water sports. This diverse, welcoming community features excellent schools, universities, neighborhoods, museums, cultural events & festivals, among many others.
• For travelers, AEX airport, located in Alexandria, provides the option for international travel through connections in Houston and Dallas in less than an hour. Great infrastructure and interstates allows short drives to other neighboring cities like Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette and Shreveport.
• Enjoy a low cost of living, no long commutes and a welcoming, diverse community, making Alexandria home and the start of your successful, thriving healthcare career.