Oregon Health & Science University, Department of Surgery, is seeking an experienced foregut surgeon to join its Division of GI & General Surgery. The position requires a strong commitment to patient care, research and teaching.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
• General Surgery with a special commitment to endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery.
• Participation in the Emergency General Surgery Service and will be a participant in the limited call schedule.
• To develop curriculum, educate students, residents, fellows and clinic staff in general and foregut surgery.
• Participation in the Department of Surgery teaching conferences and rounds. The applicant will prepare and participate in lectures to medical students, residents, and other medical professionals on campus and regionally.
• Applicants will be expected to pursue scholarly activities to include research, which is most favorably represented as extramural funding, and regular publication of original manuscripts in peer-reviewed medical journals.
• Applicant must be willing to participate in outreach activities with community hospitals including limited clinical care and quality initiatives.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodations, contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.