Come join the HCA family! HCA Healthcare is the nation’s top-performing healthcare system, made up of 177 locally managed facilities and 119 freestanding surgery centers. We are a Fortune 500 company dedicated to creating healthy communities. This is a hospital employed position, located exclusively at Valley Regional Medical Center. MIS training is preferred, but general surgeons with experience in bariatrics will also be considered. Trauma/ED call required and split evenly. The group consists of two fantastic and personable surgeons who have been practicing together for more than a decade – it really is like joining a family.
Valley Regional Medical Center (VRMC) is a 215-bed facility with a level three trauma designation. We are home to a team of more than 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties. VRMC is a leader in a vast array of high quality programs, including surgical robotics, advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, women’s services, pediatric services, and neonatal intensive care. VRMC is a nationally accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center and we are an Advanced Level III Trauma Center, treating a wide range of emergent needs.
The Brownsville metro area is home to half a million people, making it one of the state’s top ten most populous areas. Brownsville is a vibrant, multi-cultural community with a surprisingly low cost of living. With a tropical climate and a quick 15-minute drive to South Padre Island, Texas’ most desirable beach, Brownsville is a fantastic place to put down roots. We have a world-class art scene, with the Children’s Museum of Brownsville and the Gladys Porter Zoo and plenty of shopping to be had! Because of the tropical climate, Brownsville is an outdoor enthusiast’s year-round paradise. Parades of birders ‘flock’ to the area to witness rare bird migration – the annual monarch migration is another sight to behold.
• Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in General Surgery – experience in bariatrics, trauma, and robotics all welcome
• Fellowship training in MIS/bariatrics is preferred but general surgeons with experience in bariatrics will also be considered.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills – bilingual in Spanish a plus
• Employed position with comprehensive corporate benefits package
• Highly competitive base salary plus bonuses
• H1 Visa candidates welcome to apply
• Relocation Assistance
• Tort Reform and NO STATE INCOME TAX!