The Department of General Surgery at Banner University Medical Center (BUMCT) is actively seeking a Bariatric/MIS Surgeon at the Associate Professor level for its Tucson and South campus locations. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an established MBSAQIP program that is looking to expand its service line to the growing patient population of Southern Arizona. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment commensurate with their credentials.
Details of this practice include:
• 1.0 FTE (90% Clinical 10% Teaching)
• Average Patient Load: 10/day
• Call: Shared within General Surgery Division (can be taken from home)
• Clinical responsibilities: OP Clinic, IP rounding, Surgery
• Procedures: Bariatric procedures (Gastric sleeve, banding, bypass, etc.), plus MIS General Surgery and upper GI/ minimally invasive surgery
• Valid AZ license (or eligible to receive)
• BC in General Surgery
• Fellowship training in Bariatrics
• MIS fellowship preferred
• 5+ years experience in Bariatric/MIS Surgery
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching, and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family:
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
• Qualified tuition reduction for dependents at any AZ state institution
• Paid malpractice
• Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
• Financial savings resources
• Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
• Employee Discounts
How to ApplySubmit your CV for immediate consideration, to: firstname.lastname@example.org For questions, please call Tiffany Lewis, Sourcing Strategist, at: 602-747-4578. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.