Roper St. Francis Physician Partners is recruiting a bariatrician to join a growing system in Charleston, South Carolina.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should have the following:
â¢ Board Certified/Eligible Physician in IM or FM, and
â¢ Board Certified in Obesity Medicine, and
â¢ Must be eligible to obtain an unrestricted South Carolina medical license, and
â¢ Applicants should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented
BASIC FUNCTION: Work in collaboration with RSF Physician Partnersâ administration and the Bariatric and Metabolic Services team to develop a system approach to non-surgical weight loss and participates as an active provider of clinical care for patients within the Bariatric and Metabolic Services Center.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: We are seeking an individual who will complement our team and serve as the medical director of the non-surgical bariatric program. Major responsibilities will include:
1. Developing a system wide approach to care for a wider range of patients and support the RSFH system.
2. This position will provide clinical care in the form of pharmaceutical, meal replacement and multidisciplinary team management for weight loss for patients.
3. Actively participates in Bariatric and Metabolic Interdisciplinary (BMI) Team committee meetings to help formulate a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
4. Actively involved in assisting the Medical Director of Bariatric and Metabolic Services to recommend, develop, innovate, implement and evaluate protocols and clinical processes that support the interdisciplinary commitment to quality and patient satisfaction.
5. Provides medical management of Bariatric and Metabolic Services patients postoperatively in conjunction with the other specialties of the surgical team.
6. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
This bariatrician will assist in our system and the Bariatric and Metabolic Services Program in their approach to the disease of obesity, obesity related comorbidities, and its complications. This position will complement our committed approach to delivering the highest quality care for our patients.
RSFPP Bariatric and Metabolic Services Program was established in 2009 was accredited first as a Center of Excellence through the Surgical Review Committee (SRC) in 2011 and has been reaccredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) on two successive occasions, last in 2018. Our bariatric surgical program has a strong focus on pre-surgery education and post-operative success. Our multidisciplinary program provides excellent care through the programâs 2 surgeons, 2 physicianâs assistants, 2 dieticians and behavioral therapist. Recently, our program has worked alongside the ASMBS and our anesthesia team to develop an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) program, and the improvements in length of stay and our decrease in opioid utilization within our program after surgery have been presented at numerous national conferences.
RSFPP Bariatric Surgery is a member of Roper St. Francis Physician Partners, a comprehensive network of more than 230 physicians that covers a complete range of primary care and 20 subspecialties. This employed position includes competitive compensation, full benefits with retirement, and quality incentives.
Anchored by three hospitals, our 657-bed health system includes more than 90 facilities and doctorsâ offices conveniently located throughout our region, with construction underway on a fourth hospital in Berkeley County. Our team puts patients first, a quality that has earned us top national awards in patient satisfaction, including a ranking in the Top 100 US Hospitals for patient engagement.