This full-time position will work in Grand View Bariatric and Metabolic Institute in the Grand View Surgical Associates office, under the supervision of the Medical Director. The role is part administrative and part clinical. The Clinical Coordinator will play a key role in the acquisition of new patients, chart patient volumes, offer marketing and community awareness of the program. This position will implement and grow the existing Bariatric program and educate the community and healthcare providers on the services offered for obese patients 18 years of age and older. The goal will be to optimize patient outcomes and improve the quality of life of patients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Conduct and oversee Information Sessions, Support Group meetings, and educational classes.
• Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the admission process of the bariatric program, working with the Bariatric team including the insurance navigator.
• Perform all responsibilities/duties required by the department as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique needs of the patients are addressed. Responsible for maintaining required manuals and policies and procedures as well as identify and implement performance improvement initiatives.
• Participate in meetings and coordinate with various teams within the hospital system to improve patient care, patient satisfaction, and outcomes. Participate in the clinical management of the patient, including bariatric surgery.
• Collaborate with physicians, staff, and all departments to best meet the bariatric patient care needs.
• Remain current with research and treatment options of the bariatric patient.
• Conduct daily rounds on the bariatric patient in the hospital to assess hospital care and post-operative status of patient.
• Conduct follow-up phone calls after discharge to assist patient with post-discharge instructions and keep the patient from readmission. Seek patient feedback regarding program.
• Serves as an educational resource for staff; assist in developing multidisciplinary training programs.
• Create and oversee ongoing quality improvement plans.
• Track outcomes, patient satisfaction, and financial data to support the program, processes, and improvement activities. Report key statistics as necessary.
• Keep abreast of latest clinical research and incorporate evidence based medicine into program.
• Work to meet the requirements set by ASMBS for Center of Excellence distinction.
• Remain compliant with regulatory standards, ie. JCAHO.
• Network with referring physicians and conduct community outreach programs.
• Work with Marketing to develop meaningful materials for patients and referring providers.
Clinical Bariatric Advance Practice Provider:
• Proven laparoscopic surgical skills and a strong desire to work in bariatric surgery are mandatory.
• Excellent communication skills; computer literate. Able to work efficiently in EMR (MediTech) system.
• Duties will include managing a clinic schedule for first visit consults and follow-up appointments, performing physical exams, interpreting lab results, prescribing and managing medication, and completing pre-operative evaluations. Ensuring patients fulfill their insurance requirements for bariatric surgery. The provider will counsel patients related to weight management, including diet and exercise. The Clinical Coordinator will assist with laparoscopic/open bariatric procedures and rounding on patients.
• Experience in an established Bariatric program.
• Bariatric training and education.
• Experience with ASMBS application and data collection.
• Advanced Practice Practitioner degree, such as Physician Assistant (adults) or CRNP (adults).
• Board Certification, PA state license, BLS, and ACLS (preferred but not required).
How to Apply
Visit our Website at www.GVHjobs.org or click on link below: