The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Department of Surgery, is seeking a Bariatric/Minimally Invasive Surgeon. Applicants should be board eligible or board certified by the American Board of Surgery. Post-residency fellowship training in bariatric and minimally invasive surgery is required. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to rapidly integrate into an active, collaborative clinical, teaching and research program. Candidates will be expected to provide a combination of general and bariatric surgery.
• Well established and nationally recognized bariatric surgery program
• Academic employment
• Fixed term or tenure track faculty position
• Internationally recognized research program
• Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
The Division of General and Specialty Surgery is dedicated to providing state of the art care to patients in eastern North Carolina. The bariatric surgery section has experienced consistent and strong demand over the past several years. The metabolic surgery team has been an international leader in both clinical and basic research with continuous extramural funding for over three decades. The Bariatric Surgery section is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, which is accredited by MBSAQIP.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 974-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)