The Division of General and Minimally Invasive Surgery at East Carolina University is seeking a Bariatric/Minimally Invasive Surgeon to serve as Chief of the Division of General and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
This position will rapidly integrate into and lead an active, collaborative clinical, teaching and research program. The Chief is responsible for the oversight of the bariatric surgery program. Significant components include: clinical quality; growth of the program; bariatric and minimally invasive fellowship; internationally recognized research program. The Chief is also responsible for all aspects of general surgery care, teaching and research.
The Department of Surgery at East Carolina University is dedicated to providing state of the art care to patients in eastern North Carolina. The division has experienced consistent growth over the past several years. The metabolic surgery team has been an international leader in both clinical and basic research with continuous research funding for over three decades. The bariatric surgery program is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, which is accredited by MBSAQIP.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,000) is a family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University, the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent school options
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores