The Department of Surgery at the University of South Florida, located in Tampa, FL is seeking an open rank, academic MIS/ Bariatric surgeon to join the Department in the Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery.
• Clinical focus is bariatric surgery with the spectrum of diseases includes hernias, biliary, benign foregut and diaphragm.
• This is an ACS/ASMBS Accredited Program and one of the most acclaimed programs in the region performing over 350 bariatric procedures per year and is the busiest academic robotic bariatric program in the state.
• The Tampa General Hospital/ USF Health Bariatric Center is a multidisciplinary team consisting of surgeons, obesity medicine physicians, an endoscopic bariatric physician, advanced practice providers, dieticians, exercise physiologists, behavioral health experts. Our superior infrastructure and collaborative practice is often viewed as “best practice” in bariatric care.
• Medical Doctor or equivalent
• Completion of a Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship
• Board-certified/board-eligible in General Surgery through the American Board of Surgery or American Osteopathic Board of Surgery or equivalent.
• Must be eligible for medical licensure in Florida
• Proficient in robotic surgery
• Dedicated to Surgical Education
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
WORKING @ USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.