The Department of Surgery at NYU Langone Health has an opening for a general surgeon to join a growing Acute Care Surgery service in the Division of General Surgery at our Main campus in Manhattan. This is a non-trauma emergency general surgery service in a quaternary care center. SICU coverage is not required, but available upon interest. The service currently performs between 750-800 operative cases per year, and is growing steadily. NYU Langone Health is a world class academic medical center with a 4 hospital system and over 350 outpatient sites. The main campus includes the Tisch Hospital and the new Kimmel Pavilion comprising 55 OR’s and interventional suites with state of the art technology. The NYU Langone School of Medicine is ranked #3 in the country and is the first medical school to be tuition free for all students.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
• Carry or are Able to obtain NYS license
• Strong Minimally Invasive surgery skills
• Clear interest in teaching and academic activity
• Specific training/interest in surgical quality improvement is favorable, but not required
The position offers:
• Full time salaried position.
• Faculty appointment at NYU Langone School of Medicine and General Surgery Residency program
• Requirement for teaching and academic production
• Strong support from senior world renowned faculty.
• Competitive benefits package including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance.