Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
Due to a high demand for Colorectal Surgery in the communities we serve, UVA Community Health Medical Group, in partnership with the Department of Surgery at the University of Virginia (UVA), is seeking a Colorectal Surgeon to join our expanding program at UVA Health Prince William Medical Center and UVA Health Haymarket Medical Center. The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive ability to provide surgical evaluation and management of colorectal conditions. They should possess a proactive, team-oriented mindset, and have a strong record of accomplishment of providing high-quality care. Additionally, they should demonstrate an interest in multi-disciplinary care for inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer in collaboration with our UVA comprehensive cancer center and Digestive Health Center. Participation in academic opportunities is available. Interested individuals will showcase their commitment to advancing the institution's surgical programs in a community setting by making a meaningful impact on patient care and become a valued member of the UVA Health family. UVA Community Health is a community-based entity committed to providing extraordinary care to the region with a growing medical group and strong integration with an academic medical center.
- Candidates must have an MD and be board certified in General Surgery, Colorectal fellowship-trained, and eligible for medical licensure in Virginia.
The University of Virginia Health System has significant infrastructure and a collaborative atmosphere that will support the candidate's professional pursuits, including clinical care, research, education, quality improvement, and administration. This position comes with a competitive salary, highly engaged executive team invested in providing high-quality care in a community-based setting, and partnership with colleagues with the Department of Surgery at UVA.
Why Join UVA Health Prince William and Haymarket Medical Center:
- Named a "2023 Best Place to Work" by Prince William Living magazine
- Commitment to work-life balance and team member well-being
- Focus on a culture of care, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Integration with UVA Medical Center, ranked No. 1 Hospital in Virginia
- Access to cutting-edge technology and exceptional medical research
- Leading healthcare provider in Virginia with a patient-centered approach
- Vibrant & diverse community with unique charm and amenities. These neighboring towns to Washington DC are rich in history, culture, and natural beauty, making them appealing places to live, work, and explore.
In exchange for your commitment to our organization, we offer:
- A market competitive salary & incentive
- Comprehensive benefits package & generous paid time off
- Robust retirement plan and match
- Paid CME
Contact our In-House Physician Recruiter:
Stacey B. Ellis (she/her/hers)
Senior Physician and APP Recruiter
434-987-7476 cell phone
Email: [email protected]