Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Assistant Clinical Professor, General Surgery
Athens, Ohio; Cleveland, Ohio; or Dublin, Ohio
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
The Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine and Department of Specialty Medicine is seeking to hire an Assistant Clinical Professor of General Surgery (part-time, non-tenure-track) for up to 0.20 FTE on any one of our three campuses in Ohio, located in Athens, Cleveland and Dublin. We are a leader in providing a patient-centered, clinically integrated medical education continuum, from pre-medical education to undergraduate medical education, and through residency training, with an emphasis on primary care. Our focused research and community health programs speak to our commitment to improving health and well-being in our communities and the quality of life for our patients. As the state’s only osteopathic medical school, our college was founded in 1975.
The successful applicant should possess a strong desire to teach and advise osteopathic medical students within our curriculum and contribute to the mission of the College through leadership, teaching and service. Candidates must have outstanding leadership, management, and interpersonal skills to relate to a wide diversity of faculty, staff, students and community members.
- Participate on teams to prepare and deliver active learning sessions for osteopathic medical students, including materials for pre-learning, in-classroom learning, and assessment of the learner. Participate in both classroom based and clinical skills teaching sessions, which are delivered both in person and via distance learning technology.
- Serve as advisor and mentor to osteopathic medical students.
- Collaborate and participate in departmental, college and/or university activities.
- Participate in service activities as assigned, which might include committee assignments, admissions interviews, or other service activities.
- Must have a D.O. or M.D. degree, an active license to practice medicine in Ohio and be board certified or eligible.
- Must be a graduate of an AOA or ACGME accredited general surgery residency program.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior undergraduate or graduate medical education teaching experience and to candidates who are clinically active.
Please Note: If you are interested in this opportunity but would prefer to have your services contracted through your healthcare practice, the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine is willing to negotiate a contractual relationship in lieu of direct employment with Ohio University.
To apply, please visit https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/47958
For more information and to apply by December 3 for full consideration, please visit https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/47958
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine