Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Chief Of Bariatric Surgery
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
The Department of Surgery at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center and Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking a Chief for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Candidates should be a recognized academic clinician-researcher, possess strong leadership abilities, management experience in multidisciplinary/multi-professional environments, and the ability to influence, negotiate, and motivate collaborators to build a culture of quality, efficiency, and responsiveness.
- Candidates should be committed to excellent patient care, research, and leadership on local and national levels.
- The Candidate should have a strong commitment to the education of fellows, residents, medical students, and advanced practice practitioner (APPs), and qualify for the rank of Associate Professor or Professor of Surgery.
- The Section Chief will provide a vision and strategic direction to the Chief of the Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery for bariatric surgery in collaboration with administrative leadership.
- The Section Chief will provide leadership, supervision, and accountability for Atrium Health Weight Management to fulfill the education, research, clinical, and administrative service missions, and values of the Department of Surgery.
The Department of Surgery has 81 full-time clinical faculty and 6 PhD translational and basic science researchers. Faculty have academic appointments at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine. The Divisions in the Department of Surgery are Abdominal Transplant Surgery, Acute Care Surgery, General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hepatopancreatic and Biliary (HPB) Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and Surgical Oncology. The general surgery residency matches 6 categorical residents per year. Fellowship programs are offered in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, Breast Oncology, Advanced GI Surgery, HPB Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Acute Care Surgery, and Robotic HPB Surgery.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive, and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing nearly 70,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis. The Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery is organized into the Sections of Colorectal Surgery, GI/Minimally Invasive Surgery, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, and General Surgery. There are 5 surgeons, 4 bariatricians and 3 APPs in the Section of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery. A Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery (Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program accredited) is located at Atrium Health Mercy and Atrium Health Cabarrus, respectively. Atrium Health Mercy is a 235-bed acute care hospital located 1.3 miles from the Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center campus. Atrium Health Cabarrus is a 457-bed tertiary care hospital located 28 miles northeast of Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center. Offices for Atrium Health Weight Management are located in Charlotte, Matthews, Gastonia, and Concord, North Carolina.
To formally apply please click the link provided below: