Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is recruiting for the role of Division Chief of Colon & Rectal Surgery in the Department of Surgery.
- Lead a team of 6 Colorectal surgeons and 3 Advanced practice providers at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- High quality academic and clinical program.
- Appointment at the Associate or full Professor level at the Penn State College of Medicine will be based upon qualifications.
- Medical degree – MD, DO, or foreign equivalent.
- Fellowship trained, BC/BE in Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Minimum 5 years in Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Currently holds the rank of Associate Professor or higher.
- Proven leadership experience in an academic healthcare environment.
- A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and resident education and research/scholarly activity is necessary.
Penn State Health
- Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across central Pennsylvania.
- The Children’s Hospital celebrated a new era of patient and family centered care with the completion of a three-floor vertical expansion in October 2020 to meet the needs of children and families in central Pennsylvania who count on us for care. As the only children's hospital between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia fully equipped to treat the most severely ill children, Penn State Health Children's Hospital expanded our role as the region's pediatric health care leader.
- Among the first hospitals in the nation to be named a Level 1 Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons Children’s Surgery Verification Program.
- We are the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be accredited as a Level 1 pediatric trauma center and Level 1 adult trauma center.
- The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children’s Hospitaland Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center in Lancaster, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute, a specialty provider of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, in Harrisburg, Pa.; and 2,450+ physicians and direct care providers at 225 outpatient practices. Additionally, the system jointly operates various healthcare providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center and Hershey Endoscopy Center.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspective and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Patty Shipton, CPRP, Senior Physician Recruiter, at [email protected] or apply online at Penn State Health – Division Chief Colon and Rectal Surgery.
Penn State Health