Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Surgery Program Director
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
The Department of Surgery at ECU Health is seeking a Program Director to lead our ACGME-accredited General Surgery Residency at ECU Health Medical Center and the ECU Brody School of Medicine.
The successful candidate will lead a well-established, robust surgical training program for 33 residents who complete five clinical years and one research year. A surgical educator has recently joined the education division. The program director will have .50 FTE dedicated to the role, with the remainder in clinical practice with ECU Health. Candidates with a clinical interest in the following areas are encouraged to apply: breast surgery, endocrine surgery, general surgery, transplant surgery, trauma/acute care surgery, pediatric surgery, surgical oncology.
Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to teaching and education with at least three years of recent experience as a Program Director, Associate Program Director, Student Clerkship Director or core faculty experience in an accredited surgical education program. Applicants must be board certified in general surgery and must have completed fellowship training appropriate to the clinical specialty. Appointment as Associate Professor for qualified candidates.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1100 academic and community providers. There are over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 92,800) is a family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University, the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing, and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball, and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
For more information, email your CV to Amanda.Mercer@ecuhealth.org or call 252-847-9029.
East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine