Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
Emergency General Surgeon- Pineville
Full-Time / Attending Surgeon
This unique opportunity in the Section of General Surgery entails the following:
- A collaborative broad-based general surgery practice comprised primarily of emergency general surgery with opportunities for an elective practice
- Inpatient and outpatient services supported by Advanced Practice Practitioners
- Opportunities for scholarly and professional development activities
- Call schedule of approximately 4 weeknights a month, no more than 1 in every 4 weekends
- Opportunity for Wake Forest Department of Surgery academic appointment
The priorities of the Section of General Surgery are:
- Excellence in patient-centered care Quality improvement and care optimization
- Resident, medical student, and advance care practitioner education
- Research focused on the most effective ways to organize, manage, finance, and deliver high-quality general surgery care
- Qualified candidates must be BC/BE in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Fellowship training in minimally invasive surgery or Acute Care Surgery is preferred
Atrium Health and the Department of Surgery
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive, and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing nearly 70,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis. The Section of General Surgery covers emergency general surgery services at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center, Atrium Health Mercy, Atrium Health Pineville, and also performs elective general surgery cases. This position will be primarily at Atrium Health Pineville which is a 307 bed acute care hospital. All surgeons assist in providing coverage at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center and Atrium Health Mercy. Atrium Health Pineville is 8.7 miles from the Carolinas Medical Center Campus. Carolinas Medical Center is an 874-bed tertiary/quaternary care hospital, ACS-verified Level I trauma center with 141 ICU bed and 45 operating rooms. Carolinas Medical Center provides 24/7 support for complex and critically ill patients including a 29-bed dedicated Surgical/Trauma ICU with surgical critical care boarded coverage, advanced interventional radiology and gastrointestinal support, and a wide range of surgical subspecialists. Atrium Health Mercy is a 232- bed acute care hospital located 1.5 miles from the Carolinas Medical Center campus with 16 operating rooms with a dedicated Medical/Surgical ICU, interventional radiology, and gastrointestinal support.
Freestanding emergency rooms within Atrium Health provide additional access to patients and surgical consultations to all locations. Atrium Health Pineville supports two freestanding emergency rooms (third projected to open in late 2023) and Atrium Health Mercy supports one freestanding ED as well as receives patients from Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center Emergency Department.
The Department of Surgery has 75 full-time clinical faculty and 6 PhD translational and basic science researchers. The Divisions in the Department of Surgery are Abdominal Transplant Surgery, Acute Care Surgery, General and Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery, Hepatopancreatic and Biliary (HPB) Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Urology. This position will be in the Division of General and GI Surgery, which has 17 faculty members in the Sections of Colorectal Surgery, GI and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, and General Surgery.