Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
NP/PA, Bariatric Surgery
ChristianaCare is searching for a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to work with our Bariatric Surgery Department. This is a full-time position located in the Wilmington Hospital and Gateway Building working a combination of 8-hour days and evenings. No weekend or holiday commitment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as an Advanced Practice Clinician for the Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence program.
- Provides clinical care for post-surgical follow up for Bariatric Patients.
- Coordinates select projects/programs, including development and implementation of clinical pathways, guidelines and protocols, facility bariatric safety and maintenance, sensitivity training, staff bariatric education, patient support group program & education class and as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Provide clinical leadership and guidance for Bariatric Surgery support groups.
- Provides professional leadership in working with the bariatric practice staff, hospital personnel, referring physicians, and patients.
- Performs patient assessments including a medical history and physical exam and in collaboration with the physician develops an appropriate plan of care. This includes but is not limited to medical diagnosis, symptom management, diagnostic testing, medical therapy, and teaching.
- Participates in patient care coordination with medical/nursing staff and physicians, assist in formulating the treatment plan along with the clinical team to include clinical updates, discharge planning and family meetings.
- Coordinates and provides specialized care to the Bariatric patient population including but not limited to bariatric care regimen/nutrition as appropriate and individualized to each patient's needs in the acute care and outpatient setting.
- Reviews readmission cases to determine treatment plan in coordination with the surgeons and other health care providers.
- Completes necessary documentation in a timely, accurate and concise manner, using proper terminology, adhering to established guidelines and in compliance with JCAHO standards; Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities for the care management of bariatric surgical patients actively seeking to promote optimum patient care through participation in designated activities for improved performance, outcome measures and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in research initiatives.
- Utilizes teaching/learning principles coupled with an expert clinical knowledge to promote and provide education to the staff, patient, and patient's family.
- Integrates current knowledge of professional issues, trends in health care and technological advances into scope of practice.
- Provides formal and informal bariatric health related in-services and educational programs in which expert knowledge base is shared with staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters' degree from an accredited program for graduate level Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Acute Care NP Certification required.
- Prescriptive Authority required.
- DEA Registration required.
- Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN) preferred.
- BLS required.
- Two years' experience in adult care of obese and bariatric surgery patients preferred
- Certified Bariatric Nurse preferred or completion within two years of hire if eligible.
- NP or PA Certificate of Advanced Education from the Obesity Medicine Association preferred or completion within two years of hire.
- Reimbursement of licenses, DEA, and CSR will be included
- $2250 in CME allowance and 5 paid CME days
Please email your CV and Cover letter to Debbie Mingoia, APC Recruiter/Nurse Recruitment Lead at DMingoia@christianacare.org