Thank you for visiting the SAGES Job Board. This is a free resource to post MIS surgery and surgery-adjacent positions. There is NO fee to post and jobs will remain posted for 90 days. If you wish to post a position, please use the Add Job form.
The Bariatric Program Coordinator provides professional leadership in working with and educating the bariatric practice staff, hospital personnel, referring physicians, and patients. Additionally, this individual will provide oversight of ongoing Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Project (MBSAQIP) compliance, oversight of ongoing multidisciplinary team meetings for the bariatric surgery program and act as a liaison between the hospital and the Baylor St. Luke’s Weight Loss Program (BSLMC).
The candidate will provide specialized care to the Bariatric patient population by effectively coordinating office activities. The goal will be to optimize patient outcomes through efficient practice management and clinical and educational expertise. The candidate will also contribute to the overall expansion of bariatric services and continued growth in the volume of patients.
Essential skills and abilities:
Interpersonal/organizational skills to effectively coordinate staff and workflow in a busy Bariatric Surgery practice/program.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Decisive leadership with above-average judgement
- Able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
Bariatric specific knowledge required:
- Patient Educator
- Support group leader/champion
- Assist with website forums
- Facilitator for support groups
- Develop written materials for patient education
- Manages Accreditation criteria to ensure the BSLMC Weight Loss Program meets expectations set forth by governing agencies. Maintains and ensures compliance of all policies and procedures that guide and support the assigned services. These include, but are not limited to Joint Commission requirements, federal and state regulations, MBSAQIP standards, regulatory standards, etc.
- Collaborates on an ongoing basis with Medical Director, clinic staff and physicians, promoting positive communication techniques and the ability to problem solve at every level.
- Works with Medical Director to anticipate and identify the needs of the center and creatively implements solutions to problems. Integrates Evidence Based Practice into clinic improvements.
- Provides orientation/education for center and hospital staff, students, and other hospitals and community organizations, as requested.
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient's care plan in coordination with the physician. May or may not be applicable to each position
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, spiritual, and environmental health problems.
- Utilizes hospital information systems to process orders/data and retrieve patient information.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements needed for patients' records including knowledge of computer applications.
- Possession of a current license as a registered nurse issued by the State of Texas.
- Minimum of five years registered nurse experience or three year’s current experience in the area of bariatrics preferred.
- Specialty certification within one year of eligibility.
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider certified.
- High level of interpersonal/communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Demonstrable experience in practice development and expansion. Experience working in hospitals or ambulatory surgery centers
- General management
Please send a resume to:
Samer Mattar, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Phone number: 713-798-7367
1977 Butler Blvd, Houston, TX 77030
Baylor College of Medicine