In order to raise awareness among patients about the benefits of MIS and to promote the adoption of MIS techniques among health care providers, SAGES has launched “Get Well Sooner,” a health initiative aimed at improving the overall value of patient care through enhanced adoption and access to minimally invasive surgical and endoscopic techniques.
Please share this media kit with the PR department at your hospital or university so they can help to spread the word among local media. The media kit includes:
- Sample Get Well Sooner Press Release
- 1-page Get Well Sooner Brochure
- 6-Minute Get Well Sooner Video Spot
- 30-Second Get Well Sooner Video Spot
In addition to a press campaign, social media and e-mail campaign, TV spots about the “Get Well Sooner” program and the benefits of minimally invasive surgery will air for 2 weeks commencing the week of November 24th.
- A national airing is scheduled to take place during primetime on CNBC and we will notify you of the date and time within 24-48 hours in advance of the airing.
- Regional commercial airings will also take place in the top 100 DMAs (Designated Market Areas), the geographic areas in the United States in which local television viewing is measured by The Nielsen Company.
- Finally, a 6-minute segment will air as part of the award-winning Breakthroughs series hosted by Martin Sheen on public television affiliates nationwide.
The goals of our education initiative are to:
- Increase adoption rate in safe and effective MIS procedures.
- Increase awareness among referring physicians of minimally invasive therapeutic options.
- Enlighten and educate the public about benefits of MIS, what happens during a minimally invasive procedure, common MIS procedures and additional resources such as SAGES patient brochures