Application will be available in Spring 2023!
The SAGES Fellowship Certificate is intended to verify that fellows have successfully completed their training and are exemplary general surgeons with special qualifications in either Advanced GI MIS, Comprehensive Flexible Endoscopy, or both. In addition, this certification markets their advanced training and skills to patients, hospitals, and referring physicians.
Applicants will have one year – from the end of their fellowship or from Board Certification, whichever comes first – to complete the application. Fellows need to have completed training in an Advanced GI MIS and/or Comprehensive Flexible Endoscopy fellowship (can be dual or multiple designated programs) in order to apply for the certificate program.
[note: Bariatric and Foregut Fellowship are not eligible for this certification unless they are ALSO designated as an Advanced GI MIS and/or Comprehensive Flexible Endoscopy]
Application Fee: $100
CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENT by July 31, 2024:
- SAGES Membership: Fellows are encouraged to become part of the SAGES community of advanced MIS and endoscopic surgeons, and Active Membership in SAGES is required for the certificate program. If not already a member, we invite you to join SAGES now as a Candidate Member. Upon completion of fellowship, you can upgrade to Active Membership with a discounted fee of $150. This discount applies to an upgrade only and is not available to first time applicants to Active SAGES Membership. Members also receive discounted registration for the SAGES annual meeting.
- Defined Category Cases (mandatory) : Click Here
- Program Director’s On-line Survey: an invitation will be sent to the Program Director once the application is received.
- Submit an Abstract to a major meeting during fellowship.
- FLS, FES and FUSE certification (all three are mandatory).
- Attend a major meeting in person or virtually: Proof of SAGES meeting registration can count towards this requirement.
Application reviews will take place in November 2023, February 2024 and August 2024. For additional questions, please email Vanessa Cheung at email@example.com
Michael Awad, MD, PhD, FACS
Chair, SAGES Resident and Fellowship Training Committee
Denise Gee, MD, FACS
Co-Chair, SAGES Resident and Fellowship Training Committee
RECIPIENTS OF THE FELLOWSHIP CERTIFICATION PROGRAM, click here