The application for next year’s Guidelines Fellow has closed. We had a number of excellent candidates and will be reviewing applications over the coming weeks. A decision should be made in the beginning of the new year.
The Primary Role of the Guidelines Fellow will be:
To engage in the development of clinical practice guidelines for surgeons under the auspices of the guidelines committee of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). To appraise the literature and conduct systematic reviews on high yield surgical topics. To effectively guide SAGES guidelines committee working groups in the development of guidelines. To participate in publications of developed guidelines and in research projects of the department as needed.
- Minimum Education:
- MD or DO degree or research degree (MPH, PhD or equivalent)
- Prior experience with systematic reviews a plus but not required
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, maintain detailed records and the ability to adapt and learn new knowledge and techniques quickly
- Experience with appraisal of the literature is preferred
For complete information, please read this document: Guidelines development fellow job description.