Below, please find an application for consideration as a nominee to become the SAGES representative for the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Advisory Council for General Surgery. This position would last from your selection for the role until September 30th, 2026 and was previously held by former SAGES president, Dr. Liane Feldman, whose term recently ended.
The qualifications for this position require that you are a Fellow of the ACS and are involved in a leadership role at SAGES (Both SAGES Board of Governors and SAGES Committee Members satisfy this requirement)
The duties that will be expected of you in this position are as follows:
- to advise the ACS Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formulations;
- to discuss matters which the Council feels appropriate to be brought to the attention of the Board of Regents and/or other organizations;
- to serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from surgical organizations to the Board of Regents;
- to nominate individuals from the specialty to serve on College committees and other bodies; and,
- to aid in the development of programs for the Clinical Congress.
- attendance at regularly scheduled meetings of the Advisory Council for General Surgery and other ACS events as requested.
If you are interested in applying to become the SAGES Representative to ACS please complete the application form below prior to Monday, January 22nd.
Please contact Nathaniel Piha with any questions
2024 ACS Advisory Council for General Surgery Application