The requirements for Active Membership shall be:
- A license to practice medicine in his/her state, province, or country. The applicant may be in government service not requiring licensure.
- Certification by the American Board of Surgery, the American Board of Osteopathic Surgery, fellowship in the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada, or fellowship in the American College of Surgeons.
- A letter from the Chief of Surgery of the applicant’s institution attesting to his/her competency in the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy (If the applicant is Chief of Surgery, a letter from the Chief of Staff shall be appropriate) OR A letter from the applicant’s Program Director, instructor in endoscopy or laparoscopy or a physician familiar with the applicant’s practice. Applicants may be required to submit operative or endoscopic reports or other documentation to substantiate practice experience and skill as determined by the Membership Committee.
- A letter of sponsorship from a current SAGES member.
- Dues are $285 annually, with a one-time $100 application fee.
If you have any questions about membership in SAGES or which category you should apply to, please contact the Membership Department or call (310) 437-0544 x 110.
Apply Online (Secure Server)
Download Printable Application
There is a $100 application fee for Active Membership, payable upon submission of your application. Please make your check payable to SAGES.