SAGES 2015 SCIENTIFIC SESSION
April 15-18, 2015
Friday, September 26, 2014, 11:59 PM PST
NEW FOR THE 2015 MEETING: In order to increase the number of accepted annual meeting videos, SAGES is now accepting videos under 5 minutes in length for the new “SAGES Video Shorts Sessions.” If selected for inclusion in one of the SAGES Video Shorts Sessions, your video will also run on a loop at viewing stations throughout the meeting. Regular videos of up to 7 minutes will still be accepted.
Abstract Submission Supporting Document:
You are invited to submit paper and video abstracts to the SAGES 2015 Scientific Session. You must be a member of SAGES or have a member of SAGES sponsor you to submit an abstract.
The program will consist of oral presentations, video presentations, and poster presentations. The program committee will be responsible for selecting the length of the oral and video presentations.
There is a 500 word limit for abstract submissions. No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
SAGES will be accepting online submissions for oral, video or poster presentation. Topics include:
- Basic Science
- Education / Simulation
- Emergency/General Surgery
- Flexible / Therapeutic Endoscopy
- HPB (Hepatobiliary and Pancreas)
- Humanitarian / Volunteerism
- Instrumentation / Ergonomics
- Metabolic / Obesity
- Minimally Invasive Other
- NOTES / Transanal
- Outcomes & Complications
- Solid Organ Removal
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
- No Previously Published Submission: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published or presented prior to the 2015 SAGES meeting.
- No Dual Submissions: The abstract must not have been submitted to any other upcoming meeting in North America.
- No Previously Presented Data: All abstracts must be new and original content OR include at least 50% new data if previously presented at a meeting.
- Manuscript Submission: Accepted Oral Abstract Presenters must submit a complete manuscript to Surgical Endoscopy.
- Digital Poster Submission: If selected for a Poster Presentation, a digital version of the poster must be submitted.
SAGES Policy on Employees of Commercial Interests
The ACCME states that an employee of a commercial interest may not serve as a planner or speaker for an accredited CME activity when the topic to be discussed is relevant to the products or services of the company. Therefore, the SAGES Conflict of Interest Task Force (CITF) declares that no employees of a commercial interest may present in SAGES CME accredited activities when the topic is relevant. This policy is applicable to invited faculty, abstract presenters, and poster authors (if posters are approved for CME). Faculty/speakers who serve on a commercial interest’s Board and who receive a salary will be considered an employee.
The CITF will determine if the topic to be discussed is relevant to the products or services of the company. Exceptions to the “no employee” policy may be granted by the CITF as long as the exception is in compliance with the ACCME’s policy.
If a faculty/presenter indicates they serve on an Advisory Board of a commercial interest but are not salaried, or if they have equity interest but are not salaried, then they will not be considered an employee but their presentation must be peer reviewed.
This policy will be explicit in the Call for Abstracts. If a middle author (non presenting or senior) is an employee, then the presenting author may elect to remove that author or participate in a non-CME activity such as the Emerging Technology session.
If you have any questions, please contact the SAGES office at 310-437-0544 (ext. 118) or FAX: 310-437-0585 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aurora Pryor, MD, Program Chair
Michael Holzman, MD, Program Co-Chair