The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons is seeking an Independent Contractor to collaborate with the SAGES web development team and several Committees to promote the discovery, use and integration of SAGES educational resources and services to a variety of interested parties. The Medical Data Curator should be a results oriented self-starter who is able to work independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Evaluate SAGES current multimedia resources (documents/videos/images)
• Identify potential improvements to the categorization schemas
• Create and implement identification and cataloging of multimedia resources
• Partner with surgeons/committees to identify and retrieve resources as needed
• Assist in creating search weighting scores based on categorization schemas to allow web-based content to be located easily
The Medical Data Curator will work as a member of a single, collaborative organization that is geographically diverse as well as online. The Medical Data Curator reports to the SAGES Information Technology Architect and is not required to work at the SAGES administrative offices in Los Angeles. Remote workers will need a web camera and ability to connect to the office via Skype or Google Hangout infrequently.
Required Qualifications: ALA accredited Master of Library/Information Sciences degree, knowledge of and/or training in the use of current information resources in medicine, nursing and allied health sciences. Experience working in an academic, research, medical or special library; experience with web-based content management systems and taxonomies; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Post-MLS work experience in a health sciences library or an academic library as a health sciences information or subject specialist.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their resume and salary history to email@example.com