The Hospital of Central Connecticut is a 414-bed teaching hospital affiliated with the University Of CT School Of Medicine, and a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest integrated, full spectrum health care system in CT. We seek a dynamic, experienced leader in bariatric surgery to lead the bariatric surgery program within the Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, a comprehensive, integrated system based program providing a comprehensive program of education and care for morbidly obese patients and patients with metabolic diseases.
- Multi-disciplinary team of specialists includes bariatric surgeons, medical bariatricians, endocrinologists, diabetes educators, and health psychologists
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) since 2008
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy bariatric surgeries are offered. In 2010, the hospital conducted more than 300 bariatric surgical procedures.
- Designated as BC Distinction, Cigna 3 STAR Quality and Aetna Institute of Quality bariatric surgery centers
- High performing seminar-to-surgery conversion rates of >50%
- Operate as Chief Growth Officer in a region fertile for expansion
- Aggressive marketing plan and budget
- Dedicated Bariatric Physician Liaison
- Abundant teaching opportunities
- Outstanding compensation including incentives; robust benefits include 7 weeks of paid time off, high quality, low cost medical/dental, generous retirement plan, and CME reimbursement
- Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England’s most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure’s “Coolest Suburb in America.”
You will love heading to work….and heading home!
- BC Advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon with minimum of 5 years of experience and has developed a comprehensive, multidisciplinary program for the life-long care of the bariatric patient
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience
- High case volume experience
- Academic interests, including medical student and resident education, as well as clinical and translational research
How to Apply
For more information or to apply, please visit www.joinhartfordhealthcare.com. Or send CV to Patricia Lowicki, Director of Physician Recruitment and Integration email@example.com. Or call 860-558-6591.