Lead a bariatric practice in this welcoming medical community located near the Connecticut shore
Backus Hospital is a 250 bed community hospital, one of the top financially performing hospitals in CT, and a member of Hartford HealthCare, one of the largest integrated health system in New England. We seek a Bariatric/MIS Surgeon, BC in general surgery with fellowship training or significant experience in Bariatric and MIS Surgery to expand an existing bariatrics practice and to practice MIS in this welcoming medical community.
As a member of Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, a physician led, large multi-specialty group, you will join a successful, comprehensive and collegial system wide care network that provides education and care for morbidly obese patients. A multi-disciplinary team of specialists includes bariatric surgeons, medical bariatricians, advanced practitioners, endocrinologists, diabetes educators, and health psychologists.
• Enjoy significant organizational support to lead and build a Bariatric program to achieve Center of Excellence status
• New Intuitive da Vinci Xi surgical robot
• Full range of bariatric surgeries are offered
• Operate as Chief Growth Officer in a region fertile for further expansion
• Live and work near the scenic CT and RI shorelines
• Outstanding compensation including incentives; robust benefits include 7 weeks of paid time off, high quality, low cost medical/dental, generous retirement plan, and CME reimbursement
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England’s most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure’s “Coolest Suburb in America.”
You will love heading to work….and heading home!