- This award is designated for young member of SAGES who is within five years of completion of their residency or fellowship training, but not be currently enrolled in a residency or fellowship program.
- The criteria for this award include significant clinical and/or basic science research, publication or presentation at national meetings, and dedication to an academic career.
- Nominations may come from SAGES Leadership only (not full membership) and/or Program Directors.
- Past winners include:
- William Laycock, MD (1995); Michael Holzman, MD (1996); Philip Schauer, MD (1997); Steve Eubanks, MD (1998); Karen Horvath, MD (1999); Todd Heniford, MD (2000); Daniel Jones, MD (2001); Ninh Nguyen, MD (2002); Brent Matthews, MD (2003); Daniel Scott, MD (2004); Blair Jobe, MD (2005); Leena Khaitan, MD (2006); Atul Madan, MD (2007); John Morton, MD (2008); Michael Rosen, MD (2009); Vivian Strong, MD (2010); Esteban Varela, MD (2011); Melina Vassiliou, MD (2012); Patricia Sylla, MD (2013); Michael Awad, MD (2014)
- Rajesh Aggarwal, MBBS MA PhD (2015)
Special note: If you have nominated someone in the past for the Young Researcher Award and would like him or her considered again this year, you MUST re-submit a nomination form.
This Award is designated for young member of SAGES who is within five (5) years of completion of their residency or fellowship
Fill out and submit the form below (must be logged in to your SAGES account in order to see the form). For any questions, please contact Ms. Viera Ewell in the SAGES office (Phone: 310-437-0544 x104, Fax: 310-437-0585).
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application